On the theme of “Tackling polarisation and estrangement in an already divided world.”
Click here to read our theme letter.
Questions may change closer to the time, however this is an initial flavour for what topics are likely to be debated at our conference. Please be sure to check the study guides for each committee topic for clarification and guidance.
The historical committee simulates debate from the past. Delegates will debate as if at the time of the event, with both a view from the time and knowledge of hindsight.
This committee is recommended for delegates with a knowledge of history and some prior MUN experience.
- On the Topic of the Spanish Civil War
Ecology and Environment Committee (UNEP):
This committee focuses on the current ecological and environmental issues. The ecology and environment committee is recommended for delegates who are up to date on current ecological and environmental problems.
- Mitigating the Effects of Deforestation and of Forest Degradation
- The Question of the Environmental Impact of Nuclear Power
- The Question of Climate Change-Induced Conflicts
Security Council (SC):
The Security Council deals with issues of international peace and security. This committee is recommended for delegates with prior MUN experience as the procedure will include special features such as veto powers: please see our 2021 SC study guide for more information.
- The Situation in Hong Kong
- Addressing the Crisis in Yemen
- The Protection of Women and Children in Areas of Conflict
World Health Organisation (WHO):
The World Health Organisation deals with international public health and global medical provision. This committee is recommended for delegates with prior MUN experience.
- The Issue of Access to Healthcare Products and Services for Women
- Access to Healthcare Services for Refugee Camps
The political committee looks at tackling and discussing current political issues. It is a committee which is appropriate for all delegates, no prior experience is needed.
- Addressing the Territorial Claims in Gaza
- Combatting the Global Rise of Neo-Nazism
- On the Commercialization of Space and Extra-Terrestrial Colonisation
Human Rights Committee:
The Human Rights committee deals with Human Rights abuses and measures to protect these rights for all people. This committee is appropriate for all delegates including ones with no prior experience.
- On the Protection and Promotion of Indigenous Peoples’ Rights
- The Issue of the Use of Prison Labour
- On the Intimidation and Suppression of Political Activists Worldwide
Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC):
The United Nations Economic and Social Council is responsible for discussing international economic and social issues. Recommended for delegates with an interest in economics, no prior experience needed.
- Preventing Drug Trafficking in Central Asia
- The Question of the Regulation of Cryptocurrencies
- The Question of Reparations for Historically Exploited Peoples
World Trade Organisation (WTO):
The WTO looks at international relations and the impacts of world trade. This committee is recommended for delegates with an interest in international relations.
- The Issue of Illicit Maritime Trade and Piracy
- The Provision of Food Aid in Areas of Conflict