The World Health Organisation’s primary role is to direct international health within the United Nations’ system. WHO works worldwide to promote health, keep the world safe and serve the vulnerable.
This year’s topics for the WHO committee are :
- Establishing Preparedness and Protocols for Future Epidemics
- The Impact of the Tigray War on Food Security in Ethiopia
The Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) promotes women’s rights, gender equality and empowerment of women using the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals as a framework. This committee will primarily focus on SDG 5 (Gender Equality) while working to include SDGs 3, 4, and 10 (Good Health and Well-being, Quality Education, and Reduced Inequalities) as well.
These are the topics for the CSW committee at CamMUN 2022:
- Facilitating the Liberation of Refugees from Sex Slavery
- Addressing the Impact of Roe v Wade on Female Autonomy on a Global Scale
The World Trade Organisation aims to ensure that trade flows as smoothly, predictably and freely as possible. It demands global awareness, and is an ever-relevant committee.
Here are the topics for the WTO committee at CamMUN 2022:
- Tariffs on the Trade of Renewable Energy between Borders
- Assessing the Economic Concerns in the Importation of Food Products from Costa Rica
The Security Council is responsible for deploying UN peace operations, and is the main responsible body overseeing, maintaining, and encouraging international peace.
These are the topics for the SC committee at CamMUN 2022 :
- Investigating the Resurgence of the Threat of a Modern Day Soviet Union
- Stabilising Regions Threatened by the Resurgence of Non-State Actors
The United Nations Office of Drugs and Organised Crimes works towards providing security and justice for all by making the world safer from crime, drugs and terrorism.
These are the topics for the UNODC committee at CamMUN 2022:
- Investigating Illegal Organ Trafficking in Egypt
- Addressing the Issue of Genocide of Uighur Muslims in China
The Economic and Social Council is responsible for promoting higher standards of living, full employment, and economic and social progress; identifying solutions to international economic, social and health problems; facilitating international cultural and educational cooperation.
These are the topics for the ECOSOC committee at CamMUN 2022 :
- Addressing the Issue of Brain Drain and its Impact on the Poverty Cycle
- The Impact of Hyperinflation on The Global Economy for Future Generations
The UN Environment Programme aims to encourage partnership in caring for the environment, preserving the natural beauty of this world and create a sustainable planet for future generations.
These are the topics for the UNEP committee at CamMUN 2022:
- Minimising and Addressing the Impact of Ocean Acidification
- Exploring the Environmental Impact of Space Exploration
The United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund is an intergovernmental UN body responsible for the promotion and protection of children rights around the world. They investigate breaches and violations of human rights and make recommendations on how they should be addressed.
These are the topics for the UNICEF committee at CamMUN 2022 :
- Removing Tangible Barriers for Children to Escape Poverty
- Protecting the Right of Different Gender Identities in an Educational Setting
A unique committee in the world created by the combination of the Historical Committee and the International Court of Justice.
The topic for the HICJ committee at CamMUN 2022 is :
- People vs Louis XVI
The unique feature of this committee is learning the topic on the day of the first debate. Debates in a crisis committee are often fast paced and require delegates to respond to a series of interconnected events. The committee begins with an event prompted in the real world, but as delegates adopt new paths, the world spins into alternate realities.